VETIT Final Conference30/12/2019 11:09
The Final Conference of the VETIT Project (Pr. Number: 585180-EPP-1-2017-1-EL-EPPKA3-VET-APPREN) successfully took place on 18th of December 2019, at the Multipurpose Hall of Nea Smyrni’s Vocational High School.
The VETIT Closing Conference was co-organised by the Greek partners and supervised by the Coordinator. The event introduced to the attendees the topic of the development of new, sustainable cooperation structures on WBL and apprenticeships in the IT sector, through capacity building. All partners that represent local authorities, VET providers, and IT SMEs from Denmark, the UK and Greece took part in the conference. Except from the VETIT partners, representative of IT companies and students of the Vocational High School of Nea Smyrni were also among the Participants. The partners and the invited speakers discussed about the project and the main outputs that were created under the VETIT Consortium.
The participants had the opportunity to exchange personal knowledge and together to present the different structures that are available in their countries. They presented briefly all project results, the VETIT Cooperation structures. Moreover, the ΙΤ Experts gave very concrete presentations on the Current trends in IT sector.
- The special guests that gave very interesting presentations are:
Terzopoulos Dimitris (ΙΤ Expert – Google ) who gave the presentation: "Current trends in IT sector"
- Paraskeuopoulos Αntonis (Core Solutions Owner) who gave the presentation: "Web Development 2020: Current trends and Career prospects.
- Kasimis Theophanis (Cybersecurity Expert - Audax Cybersecurity) : ‘Proffession: Moral Hacker’
- Papastamatiou Nick (Head of Research and Innovation, Omega Technology): "Examples of gamification and games in educational applications.
- Argyropoulos Panagiotis (Creator - PA Webgate): "Online και Mobile applications in local authorities services with geographical background "
Through all participant’s presentations, the attendees were informed about various interesting issues and engaged in very fruitful discussions.
At the occasion of the Conference the VETIT Policy Recommendations were presented.
The VETIT project has now officially ended, reaching it’s objectives.
Watch videos from the VETIT Final Conference!
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein